Thursday, February 7, 2008

dear diary

My little sister found three of my old journals! One is from the 5th grade (age 9), another from the summer before 9th grade (age 13) and yet another from the last days of my sophomore year in highschool (age 15).
Of course, she read aloud my sophomore year aloud, relishing every angst ridden page.

I am not one to be personal. but these are too funny to pass. I wish I had a scanner to scan some of the pages (the illustrations are out of control).

MY JOURNAL: 5th Grade Room 202 (the cover contains "top secret", "wow", flowers,"warning:read at your own risk" and "do not listen to warning!")

9/22/89
We started our Eagles Geography this week. Hurricane Hags might pass Philadelphia. I was so excited. It won't be so hard like blowing down trees. I have to talk to you [journal] like a bestfriend. I am talking to you. AHH!
At recess, it started to rain. When we came into class it didn't. Now, its raining again. Oh boy. It's one of those days. HA HA HA. That was a joke. It's friday, as you must have guessed. On Monday we are starting reading cycle. I'm nervous. I don't know if I passed. All I remember was that I got two right and two wrong. I think the girl who sits in front of me Milissa is writing something about me in her Journal. I wonder what she is writing. I feel a little depressed. Milissa asked what my favorite colors are. I like lots of colors. I choose blue because I am wearing blue. I can't think of anthing else to say but La De Da De Da. I hope you have a Good Day. Bye or Bye-Bye.

[Present Day: I am not certain what Hurricane Hags is.]

Age 13: Diary - Chetana. (a Mead Composition Marble book. On the cover: "feliz", my sister and cousins names, "old fashion times" and a drawn peach with a happy face. Also, half of the pages are ripped out.)

July 5 1993: Friday
My eyes are so bad and getting worse. When I am 30, no twenty, I will be wearing bifocals. Granny glasses. I wish my eyes will come back.
That's another thing. I worry too much, too much for my own good. It scares me. I worry that I'll worry about something and it will come true. It usually does.
Nothing good ever happens to me. I hope i get a kitten. Dad said he'll get it. It might fill that emptiness.

[Present Day: the bitterness ... ooooh the bitterness begins]


Last Days of Sophmore year in High School: Age 15] (Cover: Victorian girl cradling a tabby cat)

June 21 1995
I've been home for the past 3 days, laying listless in the heat. Tomorrow is the last day of summer. Oddly enough, it was a cool 64 today. Kitty is going crazy. She's scraching (s.p) my ankles, rolling around the carpet; her eyes are wild. I can hear her claws, right now, tearing the fibers in the carpet apart. Tomorrow is the last day of school. What to do? NOTHING! Poor little chetana, all alone at home, sisters laughing merrily reading eachother's secret thoughts. Mother gave me this. "Do whatever you want with it" she said. Hinting LOGBOOK in every syllable. I am so old and I can't spell.
So, let me tell you a tid-bit about myself. My birthday was about 3 days ago. I have 2 sisters, a mother and a father. I don't really have any "good friends", just poeple who want to have a goodtime. The neighboors dogs are barking in unison with the sound of passing cars. I like peaches and japanimation. I have a dog and two cats. Nothing right ever comes out of my mouth. I say what I think and can't keep silient. Cynical fool, just like a million others entering adulthood.

[Present Day: dude. scary girl. Anyways ... i think i will enter some more enteries from The Days of Old in the near future. Now, back to watching Wallflower. Apparently, my love for anime never went away]

2 comments:

broken wizard said...

like your journal is any different now than it was than... haha

pearly said...

touche! where is the hate entries you posted about all of us now?! hmmm.. raised eyebrow.