Wednesday, March 12, 2008

legends do come true

my sister's blog Broken Wizards has inspired me write one of my own reoccurring sitings.

Boarding on to the El Train, I saw him standing at the end of the cart: The Fallen Wizard. I couldn't stop staring. Instantly, I knew I needed to get a closer look. Much closer. I stood right in front of him. He was amazing. Hunched backed. Various boils scattered his pasty face. Long white beard which reached his shins, framed by yellowish white hair falling to his elbows. He wore a black bomber jacket, faded black highwater pants and beat up black leather shoes. Clutching closely to his chest were two white plastic shopping bags filled with various little cardboard boxes. I stood there, trying to stare-but-not-stare. We got off at the same stop. I wanted so much to follow him, just for a few blocks. One or two, maybe. Alas, he was quick and i soon lost sight of him

The next siting: Drinking bubble tea with A and J on a corner in Chinatown, I saw him across the street walking quickly to an unknown destination. I started jumping up and down. "There he is!!! The Fallen Wizard!!! THERE! THERE!" J looks at me, looks across the street. The quick little fellow was gone. "Dude, I don't see this so called wizard. someone must have slipped something in you bubble tea"

Yet another siting: Happily galloping through The Gallery (OK, that sounds really weird, but i had just bought a new video game at Game Stop), i felt a cold wind brush me. I turn to look. There he is, walking towards me, the wizard. Again, holding various plastics bags, he walks quickly past me briefly glancing at my shocked face. I turn around to watch him disappear in the crowd.


here is a sketch:

1 comment:

broken wizard said...

why do you always have pics of me eatting ....