Friday, April 18, 2008

traveling through transit.

screaming teens [check]
discarded chicken bones [check]
mystery stains and smell [check]
late, very late arrival [check]
over priced [check]
septa cops tackling a teen [check]
teen tackling random stranger [check]

this and much more is what an average transit commuter expects during their daily ride on ye ole septa.

at last septa has leveled up it renowned "perk" for the traveler: the "Be Kind to Your Behind" campaign ad from cottonelle.

Stepping into the orange line, I was blinded by the sheer white gloss reflecting off the light fixtures. I paused in my conversation with my commuter buddy, a sassy 60 year old lady who marched with King and has something to say about everything. I squinted my eyes and thought "Finally, they cleaned a cart!" Upon closer inspection, i realized it was contact paper. contact paper of ... toilet paper. yes, toilet paper. the whole cart is wrapped in toilet paper. an ad hung above reading "Be Kind to Your Behind". Sitting down, I'm thinking "Great, after a long day at work, I'm now traveling through the bowels of the city surrounded by toilet paper" yes, who wouldn't get that I'm so fresh feeling after a long day at work.


[close contact. no pun intended]


[taken during my second encounter. cart was empty]

on the other hand, this ad campaign has definitely got the attention of folks. however, wiping your ass and septa are two things you don't want to think about during your commute home. just saying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Livros e Revistas, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://livros-e-revistas.blogspot.com. A hug.