Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Music I'm Diggin'


DMGD ORCHSTR
This is the brainchild of my buddy Mark Herst. DMGD ORCHSTR makes me feel like I am in an modern day RPG realm, battling dark wizards, gaining mana through my bubble tea with the madness of 8-bit wonder of smashing pumpkins as my soundtrack.

Stereolab Dots and Loops.
Maybe, its the summer. Maybe, its the cool spritzer limeade. I loved this album during my freshman year in college and love it now. Even after almost 11 years of its release, this album is flawless.

Ape School
No No No. I am not being biased here! Yes, we've played shows with this awesome philly act. And yes, Michael Johnson (who IS ape school) is also our drummer. But this band ... what can I say, it is a refreshing sound in wierdadelphia music scene. A little prog, a little stoner rock and a whole lot of rockin', this band is just pure goodness and I never tire of listening to the albums.

Dinosaur Jr. Green Mind
For me, this album is a classic. Its like cutting AP Political Science, laying on the south lawn, staring at the clouds, chain smoking cigarettes, with your walkman on at full blast and the tape of choice is Green Mind. Makes ya feel a little nostalgic, don't it?


Shugo Tokumaru
The album has a sweetness, a psychedelic wildness and the wistful sound of enchantment! love it.

1 comment:

Jerry said...

Dino Jr. is awesome! I love that J. Mascis is still rockin' with his gray hair looking like a grungy old man (pun intended, although a lame one...lol)